CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
The LaGrande Church of the Nazarene is part of the worldwide Church of the Nazarene with over 30,500 churches and 2.4 million members. As the largest denomination in the classical Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, it is distinguished from most other Christian denominations by the doctrine of entire sanctification. Nazarenes believe that God calls Christians to a life of holy living that is marked by an act of God, cleansing the heart from original sin and filling the individual with love for God and humankind.
The Nazarene Church’s Mission Statement:
TO MAKE CHRISTLIKE DISCIPLES IN THE NATIONS
These are the beliefs Nazarenes hold to be true:
- We believe in one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
At the LaGrande Church of the Nazarene, we hold these values to be essential for us to be the individuals and church that God desires us to be.
- We believe the foundation of our lives needs to be a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS.
- We believe that everyone is important in the LIFE OF THE BODY.
- We believe that we are to be MISSIONAL.
- We believe that all believers should be involved in PERSONAL AND CORPORATE WORSHIP.
- We believe that we, as individuals and as a church, should be faithful STEWARDS of the resources God has blessed us with.
To find out more about our beliefs, contact our church office to schedule a time with our pastor.